BREAD THERAPY and THEATER OF CRUMBS
“Through bread, I get to know myself. I can look at myself from different sides, how I sour, knead, prove and bake either in low or high heat. Once again, I felt calm and separated from my problems. I liked what I did and the way I was writing in the flour, I was learning new things for myself.“
“I felt the strength and confidence that I would be able to go through the whole process of life’s struggle, like the process of making bread from flour, salt, sugar and yeast to the end result. The whole session was very enjoyable, interesting and helpful for me.“
The methodology aims to increase psycho-emotional wellbeing, build trust, improve communication and reduce stress. Its goal is to stimulate positive experiences and develop social skills and to increase participants’ self-esteem and self-efficacy.
How can our methodology benefit your work:
- A never seen before methodology which empowers participants by the very creation of bread
- A therapeutical approach to complex psychological issues
- Making, baking and breaking bread together as an universal symbol of making peace and going above the fear of the unknown
- Our methodology is a good practice of activities decreasing the levels of stress and opening the mind for new opportunities
- Empowerment of active citizens
- Diversification of social events
- Provision of a sheltered space for people at risk where they can engage in creative activities, spend some time outside their daily environment and improve their emotional wellbeing.
- Sharing sensitive personal stories – kneading bread with the feeling, aroma and symbolism of home and family that it creates touches people deeply and helps them easily open to others;
- Team work – participants work in pairs